Thursday, November 21, 2019

Best Gift Ideas : From USA to India

Updated Nov 2018. Detailed checklist and live data on best gifts to India ideas take to India from USA. Unique Ideas and recommendations plus some amazing deals for gifts from USA to India.

Matching Outfits New!

During my conversation with my wife, she told me that you don’t get good matching outfits in India as you would here in the USA. These could be for mother-daughter, new born-father or newborn-mother, husband-wife or full family matching outfits. For example this one, you get the idea. Stay tuned soon going to post an entire article on matching outfit coming soon!

Honey Roasted Dry Fruits New!

I got couple of these boxes, these are massive hit, now I have to carry them every time I go. They taste so damn good. Forget about gifting I get them for myself whenever I can as they taste so good! I have been asked not to bring chocolates but to instead bring these Honey Roasted dry fruits! They go with any occasion, and pairs very well if just chilling drinking chai or even beer. Simply goes along very well with anything.

Walking Shoes

In India not everybody runs but everyone mostly walks- morning walks, evening walks, strolls. I Love these walking shoes. I got these for my mom very comfortable and good quality shoes. If your friend or relative is avid runner or more than occasional walker consider taking saucony or brooks. Brooks are best running/walking shoes in the market. We sent these shoes to my father in law who is avid marathoner in pune every 6 months.Last time he bought saucony guide 9 and now guide 10 is out. Here is his pic from latest goa half marathon.Update: He is now a full ironman also the oldest Indian to complete full ironman in Hamburg, Germany. Picture coming soon!

Diaper Bag New!

We just had a baby and I’ll tell you diaper bag is one of the most useful list. Here was our complete baby shower registry, Diaper bags are still not big in India, You wont get that kind of variety as you get here. I

Herb Scissors :

So I was interviewing our friend Smita from fuse-tv who is genius when it comes to shopping, also a self proclaimed amazon slave 🙂 , She recently sent some items with her husband to India , Here they are

She sent this for her mom , After checking that scissors , I was like , its so damn simple but effective , Why did somebody not think about it earlier. Imagine cutting mirchi or bhindi  in one cut . She also sent this double sided omelette pan and this flip and turn spatula ( all innovative products I would have never imagined in wildest dreams that it exists ) . She also sent shower curtain , Whole bathroom including dryer were getting wet and getting damaged . She also sent a brand called sabon ( pronounced “Sabun”, desi style) , which is not available in India , particularly this sabon body butter , very innovate , box is microwaveable so you can have your level of thickness . She also sent these kellogs rice crispies which even my brother in law is crazy about. This olive oil cause bottle is cool .

Big Knife :

My sister was visiting me last year and she really like those big knifes that we typically use in USA, She mentioned that you cant get those large knifes easily as gifts delivery in India , I mean we are so used to large knifes here , but when you think about it , somehow everyone uses those small knifes in India, Japanese Samurai knifes are the best , Get only one but a really good one instead of getting a set of mediocre knives

Decals : These are some nice decals that you can give it to kids to decorate there room

Badminton Tournament invitation

NY souvenir Scarves

Quite a few people are taking this beautiful new york letter knitted scarf .

One of the reader Mahesh Kumar suggested me these Camping and Gaming items
Camping
I always wanted to include these items but thought those items are too big to carry , I have purchased tents and sleeping bags several time, I always have to buy new tent everytime as I am never able to assemble the tent back to its original shape and all those sticks are lost in back of my car  and disappear from our house . USA offers best Campgrounds and parks and hence the best tents and sleeping bags.
    i) Tents
   ii) Sleeping bag
Gaming Enthusiast
can add some details on
    i) PS4
   ii) X-box
Diffusers : Recently I was searching for diffusers ,  I love agarbatti ( incense sticks ) smell but its too dangerous and we are scared that our dog will get hurt, Found this and this diffusers which do a pretty good job

Fisher Space Pen :  A co-worker of mine suggested me this. When he bought it last year to take it to India. It was a big hit with everyone. Popularized by movie 3 Idiots . Not available in India, Made in USA. Always creates lot of curiosity. There are lot of them but I like this one as it has USA flag on it. If your parents/relatives is in contracting or construction, This one is perfect.

 this Personalized engraved pen from parker .

Lint Roller : Despite all progress India has made , You still don’t get lint rollers in India. My brother in law asked me to bring 3-4 of these in last trip to India. Scotch brite makes the best one for decent price, HERE.

Blue Tooth Wireless Speaker : I got married last month in India. Friend of mine gifted this to me before my trip , this is most amazing, thoughtful and useful gifts I ever received. We used it for dancing in trains and playing tons of games. #1 Item I use today, buy it immediately. Plus this is #1 Best Seller in Amazon. Small enough to carry to India.Watch us having fun during baraat using Bose Speaker  . You can definitely add this Motorola Bluetooth stereo headset  bucks for younger generation

Update: Just found that ton of people are buying this outdoor and shower speakers,Perfect for travel or your india trip,

Update 2: Lot of people are also buying this one, It has powerful output and a very  useful feature of build in microphone so that you can have handsfree phone call , really cool , I would say.

I have written about best bluetooth wireless speakers here

source - http://greatindiaescape.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment