Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Make-up artist creates incredible 3D animal cakes

A former make-up artist has taught herself how to make incredible 3D animal cakes which are so realistic people often ‘feel cruel eating them’.
Molly Robbins, 28, from Lancashire, can spend up to a week on each tasty creation, which range from replicas of beloved pets to models of wild animals such as giraffes, monkeys and elephants.
The talented baker, who trained as a special effects make-up artist, also travels the world teaching others how to bake their own masterpieces – but has admitted customers are often reluctant to eat her cakes delivery because they look so realistic.
She said: ‘I have made most types of animal cakes, the most popular seem to be replicas of peoples dogs, although they tend not to get eaten as people feel cruel eating them.
‘They vary, mainly due to the size and complexity. Sometimes they can take an hour or so, sometimes up to a week.
‘If the cake is for a customer and is going to be eaten I don’t leave them longer than three days to decorate as I want them to be as fresh and delicious as possible. All the online cakes are baked to order so it can be time consuming.
‘I love animals more than anything, I have always been fascinated with them and love to challenge myself to capture a realistic look, as well as making things cute and funny where I can’.
Molly, who is the daughter of actor Ted Robbins, added she produces a lot of cake replicas of her customer’s cats and dogs. She sometimes then receives photographs of her creation alongside the animal in question.
‘I make a lot of dogs and cats, customers usually send photos of their pets and I try and capture them in cake and icing’, she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment