Saturday, July 20, 2019

Shruti Haasan: Why should Raksha Bandhan be restricted to just brothers and sisters?

Raksha Bandhan is a festival that celebrates the bond between siblings. While traditionally sisters tie a thread around the wrists of their brothers which implies that the brothers will protect the sisters all their life, this year actress Shruti Haasan will tie a rakhi to her mother, actress Sarika. Ask her about the significance of this gesture and she says, “Whenever I am in Mumbai, I celebrate the day because it is a huge festival. I don’t have brothers, but I have cousins and we end up going all the way to where they stay to tie them rakhi. A few days ago, my mother said, ‘Let’s tie rakhi to each other this year.’ I turned around and asked her how that’s possible because it is meant for brothers and sisters. That’s when she asked why the festival should be restricted to just brothers and sisters. She also added why we couldn’t protect each other. I immediately agreed. So,this year, I will be tying a rakhi to my mother.”

source:- https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/shruti-haasan-why-should-raksha-bandhan-be-restricted-to-just-brothers-and-sisters/articleshow/65542110.cms

No comments:

Post a Comment